Friday, November 14, 2008

C'è un po'

I have a Japanese accent when I speak Italian.

My professor said it, then some friends, then my other professor confirmed after a presentation.

Honestly, that's pretty crazy and just a little bit exciting. I'm used to speaking in another language so I don't hesitate trying to pronounce things correctly. Too bad I pause too much at double consonants and don't keep my self from pronouncing rolled r's a bit like l's. 

Example: rilassarmi. It's one of my least favorite words.

I do enjoy the words auguroni and 希望 at the moment. Many wishes and hope.

I'm proud of the fact that my brain adapted to Japanese enough to leave an accent when I speak Italian. It's kind of frustrating that I'm fluent in neither but what can you do.

I did do a presentation on dialects. I hope I can learn more about dialects besides some Osaka dialect in Japanese. I'd love to learn some Sicilian or Calabrian Greek. I need an Italian boyfriend.

In other news, I watch P.S. I Love You and cried like a baby. I hope I'll find someone that nice. One really does start to feel like they have a disfigured face when their longest relationship is 9 days and they've never said those three special words. 

Work in the am. Goodnight.

P.S. If anyone even reads this, can you leave a comment? I've not done anonymous blogging before. I've blogged for over  8 years but never on a site like Blogger and not under cover of night. Go click that button.

2 comments:

Stan said...

Well here's my comment but I really don't know what to say. I stumbled on to your blog and find you interesting. I doubt I'm anywhere near your age but I can identify with some of the same subjects you talk about.

Cross these oceans said...

Hey thanks for the comment. Good to know someone's reading.