Monday, November 3, 2008

Hometown Glory

I live in arguably the best city in the world. Songs have been written about it.

Yet, the last place I want to be is here. It's fucking lonely. My friends are all busy with new relationships or busy with their own problems and dramas. I need to make new friends but come next semester, it will be very different since most people work and their schedules don't match.

And so on and on and on.

I found out I won't be working every weekend. I just may not make it to both Italy and Japan this summer. Those are the two things keeping me going. I also am looking forward to Canada over Winter break to visit good friends. I'll be hitting up New England too.

I really just don't know. I have no motivation for Italian. I feel awful and blocked and lost. I do well in Japanese class at least.

(miss)understood - Ayumi Hamasaki
「君は一体何が欲しいの
君は一体何を願うの
君は一体どこを目指すの
そしてそこへは誰と向かうの

君は君で生きられるのは
最初で最後この一度だけ
大きな地図を広げた後は
君だけの道を描けばいい」

"What do you really want?
What do you really wish?
Where are you headed?
And who are you going with?

It's the first and the last time
For you to live as yourself
After spreading out your map
you should draw your own way"

Forgive the lyrics, but it's been on repeat lately. 

No comments: